Having private health coverage is a requirement for a student visa in Australia.
The options for private student health insurance are usually limited, covering only immediate necessary medical treatment and not much else, i.e. in case of an emergency coverage. The biggest financial hit will be pharmaceuticals as most overseas student health coverage have a max of $300 per year, limited to $50 per item. After that it's all out of pocket, difficult to do within a student's budget.
Private student health coverage usually doesn't pay for general treatment such as dental, optical, or physiotherapy. Most providers will allow you to add on general treatment as an extra or another option is to take a second policy with another insurance provider that has better “extras” for less.
Before you leave for Australia, check with your health insurance back home before leaving as it might be possible to supplement your required insurance policy that way.
Student Health Insurers
Be sure to keep your insurance up-to-date and paid for! Basic overseas student health coverage is a requirement of your visa.
International Moving Companies Near You
What are you taking to Australia when you move? Do you know yet?
The truth is you don’t need to know right now, for sure, what’s going with you.
But you do have to get a shipping quote ASAP, especially now.
Why? Because international moving companies need to schedule your move to Australia far in advance, some ask for 6 months in advance. Yes, COVID has changed everything, including international shipping.
When filling out the form below…
- You don’t need a street address for where you’re moving to, only the city and country. What they really want to know is the main shipping port.
- Moving date is an estimate. You don’t need exact dates right now. Go with your best guess.
- Estimate volume is an estimate. Don’t bother with calculating your volume. Use one of the estimates below for your estimated volume.
- Studio or 1 Bedroom —> 20 m3
- 2 Bedroom —> 25 m3
- 3 Bedroom —> 30 m3
- 4 Bedroom or 3 Bedroom + Car —> 50 m3
- Use your “real” contact details for BOTH phone and email. Yes, the form is secure. If you don’t use your real contact details, then they can’t get in touch with you for your quote. Makes sense, right?