Moving to Australia
Westpac Choice is an everyday bank account with features designed for people moving to Australia or who have arrived in the last 12 months.
Arrange your banking up to 12 months before you arrive in Australia
- Open 2 accounts using 1 simple form
- When you’re ready, transfer funds to your Australian account
- Once identified, pay Australian bills from overseas
- Request an ATM card. When you arrive collect your cards on arrival at a branch of your choosing.
Westpac Expat Bank Account Details
Everyday Bank Account
Manage your everyday banking needs with a Westpac Choice transaction account.
- No monthly service fee for the first 12 months for new migrant and expat customers, regardless of minimum monthly deposits.
- Online, Telephone and Mobile banking when you are registered for these services and have been identified.
- Once you arrive in Australia, you can request a Debit Mastercard® and/or chequebook.
Unlimited transactions across Westpac branches and over 2,800 ATMs (cash machines) in Australia.
Online Savings Account
Grow your money faster with an online competitive interest Westpac eSaver account.
- Optional second account linked to your Westpac Choice account.
- No monthly service fee on your eSaver.
- Earn competitive interest.
- No minimum balance, transfers or fixed term.
- Unlimited Online and automated Telephone Banking transactions once you’ve been identified and we have received your signed account opening form.