Our mission to build a healthier Australia.
We’re a little different from most health funds; we’re not driven by profit but by improving and safeguarding the health of our members.
That’s why, since 1932, we’ve focused on helping hundreds of thousands of Australians lead healthier lives and get the most from the healthcare system.
WHAT NOT-FOR-PROFIT MEANS
Put simply, it means the profit we make goes back into the fund instead of being divided among shareholders.
On average, over the last 5 years we’ve paid out more cents in every dollar in premiums to members as benefits, than the industry average.
It also enables us to provide:
- Healthy Weight for Life – weight loss programs for members with type 2 diabetes, heart conditions or osteoarthritis
- My Helping Hand – a 24/7 telephone support program for members with mental health conditions
- In-branch heart health checks
- More for You no-gap extras – a range of fully covered services, including dental, optical and physio
- Access to health and wellbeing services, such as quit smoking programs and swimming lessons
We’ve also launched:
- The HCF Research Foundation, which funds research projects that help improve the health of all Australians
- HCF Catalyst, an accelerator that helps turn health technology start-ups into viable businesses