Where To Go in Bondi to Get a Quick Bite to Eat
As the sun sets over the horizon at the end of a lazy day at the beach it’s time to start thinking about where you can enjoy a good meal to finish off a perfect day. From delectable quiches to cheesy bean burritos, there’s no shortage of flavours on offer around Bondi to suit any taste and budget. You’re spoiled for choice but these seven cheap eats are just a few of the huge range of tasty yet affordable purveyors of delightful delicacies available to you around Bondi.
1. Beach Burrito Company Bondi – 252 Campbell Parade, Bondi You can’t get much better than a tasty Barrio Beef Burrito from the Beach Burrito Company at Bondi. With a bunch of new stores opening up around the surrounding suburbs these guys are definitely making their mark, but it’s Bondi that is the birthplace of their legendary burrito that’s as round as your arm, and packed generously with black beans and lemon herbed Mexican rice.
Burritos not your thing? Then try one of their delicious tacos, which will fill you up and get you change from a tenner. And while you’re waiting for your taco be sure to cool a parched with one of their frozen margaritas as you relax and watch the world go by.
Try: Barrio Beef Burrito starting at $14.95 depending on options
Entrees and Tacos: $5 to $19
Mains: $15 to $22
Open: Sunday – Thursday 11am – 10pm, Friday and Saturday 11am – 10pm /Late
2. Il Puntino – 90 Campbell Pde, Bondi Beach This hidden gem has been serving honest Italian fare to Bondi visitors and residents for over a decade now. If you have a passion for real food made from locally sourced ingredients then you will feel welcome here as the staff create rustic regional meals inspired by dishes commonly served in Basilicata, Italy.
Fresh is the order of the day at Il Puntino, and if you happen to glance through the window while passing by on a morning walk you’ll likely see a staff member kneading dough or busily creating fresh pasta from scratch. But don’t just be a spectator, take a seat and try one of their delicious dishes freshly roasted in the wood fire oven, sample one the many fine cheeses from the ever popular mozzarella bar, or enjoy a pasta dish made with love from one of their authentic regional recipes.
Try: Mussels in Napolitana Sauce
Sides: $2 – $11.50
Mains: $19 – $29.50
Open: Monday to Sunday 10.30am – 2.00pm, Monday to Sunday 5.30pm – 9.30pm
Also Check Out: Top Brunch Spots in Bondi
3. Handmade Noodle & Dumpling Kitchen – 126 Campbell Parade, Bondi Beach If you’re in the mood for some Asian flavours but can’t settle on a particular region, then Handmade Noodle & Dumpling Kitchen may be worth a visit. With flavours inspired by Singapore, Thai, and Malaysian Laksa dishes there’s sure to be something you find yourself in the mood for.
Handmade Noodle & Dumpling Kitchen specialize in quick healthy meals, perfect if you’re in a hurry to get back home, or if you just want something quick and cheap that’s also nutritious. Just about everything on the menu is under $20, and there’s also plenty to choose from, with most coming in under ten dollars.
Try: Chicken Laksa $12.80
Sides: $4.80 – $8.00
Mains: $8.50 – $17.50
Open: Monday – Friday 11.30am – 10pm, Saturday and Sunday 11am – 10pm
4. Moo Gourmet Burgers – 70A Campbell Pde, Bondi Beach After a lazy day at the beach you may be in the mood for a delicious gourmet burger before the final trek home. If this is you then make sure to stop in at Moo Gourmet Burgers where you can get your burger on and then some with their Deluxe Moo Double Decker; combining succulent wagyu beef patties, a generous cut of mozzarella, cheddar cheese, and everything else under the sun that anyone ever has put on a burger.
There are more wallet friendly burgers in their chicken range that are no less delicious, with moist free range chicken breast drizzled with yummy homemade mayonnaise. Or, if you’re the type that believes bacon makes everything better, you better try out their chicken, avocado, and bacon burger with all meats supplied from free range suppliers, and topped with a variety of lettuce.
Try: Deluxe Moo (comes with the lot and then some!) $30.00
Sides: $5 – $10
Mains: $11 – $30
Open: Every day from 11am – late. Check with the store
5. Hurricane’s Grill – 130 Roscoe Street, Bondi Beach Hurricane’s Grill is a relaxed affair right across from beautiful Bondi Beach, and the perfect place if you’re in the mood for distinctly Australian fare such as grain fed beef, succulent pork, delicious lamb, and BBQ chicken. While calling themselves servers of fine Australian meals they do have a claim to uniqueness which sets their flavours apart from every other steakhouse, and that’s the grilling style they have adopted from South Africa which imparts a flavour all their own.
They cater to all tastes with seafood, vegetarian, specialty salads, decadent desserts, and a fully stocked bar serving fine wines, quality spirits, and tasty cocktails. Once you’ve enjoyed one of their generous meals, this is also the perfect location to walk off a few calories while enjoying the gentle sea breeze. While not the cheapest venue on this list Hurricane’s Grill certainly provides plenty of value and choices suitable for most wallets.
Try: 350g New York Premium Steak (Darling downs grain fed 100 days) $37
Sides: $5.00 – $19.00
Mains: $23 – $82
Open: Monday – Sunday 12 pm – 10.30pm
Hanging Out in Bondi and Want to Grab a Drink? Here’s the Top Five Bars in Bondi.
6. Speedo’s Café – 126 Ramsgate Ave, North Bondi It’s always nice to enjoy a great meal with a fantastic view as well, and that’s exactly what you get when you choose to dine at Speedo’s Café. Occasional visitors will rarely get the same menu twice as Speedo’s like to mix things up regularly with a menu that is as dynamic as it is delicious.
Catering to the health conscious crowd this establishment is a favourite for exercise fanatics to top up their fuel levels after a long run on the beach. But ordinary citizens aren’t forgotten as their big breaky provides plenty of nourishment with eggs, bacon, beef sausages (topped with relish), hash browns, roasted tomato, and Turkish toast. Everything you need to get you through a busy day at the beach.
Try: Protein Power (recommended only after a vigorous run on the beach!) $19.90
Sides: $3.00 – $5.50
Mains: $17 – $25
Open: 6am – 5pm, Breakfast: 630am – 11.45am, Lunch: 12pm – 4.30pm
7. Thainabox – Shop 2, 148 Curlewis St, Bondi Beach According to their website the goal of Thainabox is to take customers on a unique flavour inspired journey using Thai food cuisine to keep you both satisfied and content – and it’s all wrapped up in a neat little box. Your order is created right in front of you as you watch the experts cook toil over flaming woks, while you get to enjoy the clean fresh scent of delicious herbs and spices that are sure to make your taste buds tingle in anticipation.
Each meal is created by you with their simple 3 step ordering system, so you can get the exact flavours you’re craving.
Try: No set menu as it is design your own
Sides: $3.50 – $6.90
Mains: $12 – $18
Open: 11 am – 10 pm