Catchment Zone Map for Secondary Schools in Sydney
Below is an interactive map of all the secondary schools in Sydney.
Before you get started, there are a few things you need to know:
- The map is best viewed on a desktop. If you are using your phone or tablet, you can scroll side to side to see the whole map.
- When you hover your mouse over the shaded catchment zone, information about that school zone will pop up. For contact details for a school, zoom in on the dark grey location dot of the secondary school.
- Below the map of secondary schools in Sydney, I have added several filters.
- general location in Sydney
- coed, boys only or girls only
- schools years (only a few are kindergarten to 12, most are year 7 and up)
- selective schools (aka advanced placement secondary schools that students have to test to qualify for)
- school specialty such as visual arts, performing arts, or technology (most are comprehensive)
- intensive English classes offered (most do not)
- The catchment zones are only for government secondary schools. It does not include private schools in Sydney.
Where did I get the school information from?
Great question. All the information on schools and the catchment zones is from the NSW Education Department Datahub. All I did was map it out and added the tooltip boxes.
If you are looking for exact, street boundaries of a catchment zone, zoom way in and you should be able to see the street name.
I zoomed in on a couple of the catchment zones and the streets line up exactly with the catchment zone. Just as I would expect given the information is directly from the NSW Education Department.